Sunday, June 9, 2013

NSA, Verizon, Oh my

My goal is to keep this latest post on the side of short and brief. After a week's worth of fallout over the  US Government's role in snooping in on Verizon Wireless customers, I'm sort of shocked that folks are so up-in-arms about it, solely based on my not understanding why they didn't think this was already happening. 

In this digital-age, barring any sort of cataclysmic circumstance, technology is here to stay, and it's only going to continue expand -- (not a shocker, I'm hoping) -- therefore, this NSA example is one, of I'm sure are many, instances where our privacy has been 'compromised.' 

Bottom line on all of this, from my perspective, I'm glad our government is keeping tabs on these calls provided that the information is being used to keep us safe and free. And I'd like to think that those of us born during or before, say 1995-1996, can recall at the very least, one good reason why. 

iiWii 

No comments:

Post a Comment