Sunday, March 31, 2013

#edtech AND iiWii

Throughout this blog, I am hoping to shed some light on an issue near and dear to my heart. Technology as it relates to education. The other day I found myself at an upstate NY sportsbar having dinner while on a work trip. While sitting at the bar I had a great vantage point to view the entire restaurant--needless to say, there were televisions EVERYWHERE. At that point, I found myself comparing the level of technology in the sportsbar to that of a modern day classroom.

Just a bit different, right? I'm not suggesting we pepper every classroom with 40+ flat screen televisions, but you can envision the disparity, can't you?

Technology, when deployed properly, can undoubtedly change the way students interact with their learning, change their level of engagement, and ultimately change their level of achievement. I'm hopeful as a nation we can all continue to bring more light to this issue and see the importance behind investing in our schools.

During your next visit to the sportsbar--spend 30-seconds looking around... maybe you'll see where I'm coming from?

No comments:

Post a Comment