Friday, April 5, 2013

here we go again...

The NYT article linked below brings to light once again that our legislative leaders in Washington would rather duke things out via the media than actually sitting in a room and figuring out a compromise for We the People.

I have heard the argument before that our democratic system of government was designed in such a way that calls for stalemates--much like the one we've been living through for the last decade it seems. Looking back through history however, we'd be hard-pressed to not realize our nation was formed by the illustrious 'C' word--Compromise. The word has become nothing more than a political volleyball.

I liked the NYT article below because it comes at the issue of inflation relative to Social Security from both the left and the right. I give the President credit for even bringing the idea to the table. As I mentioned in my very 1st post, we can not continue to turn a blind eye to the problems with Social Security. As a young professional with roughly 30+ years of work still ahead of me, I am hopeful that the money taken out of my paycheck every 2 weeks isn't being flushed down a toilet--but it's hard to feel otherwise when our so called leaders in Washington can't seem to find a way to work together.

iiwii for now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/06/us/politics/obama-budget-is-dismissed-by-gop-and-attacked-by-left.html?hp&_r=0

No comments:

Post a Comment