iiWii'rs... my sincere apologies for the hiatus. I write this Sunday afternoon after a long weekend away with the wife in a city that is undoubtedly in the midst of a serious revival--New Orleans. The Po'Boys, the casino (which left a small dent in my wallet), the music, merchants, artists, restauranteurs, bartenders, waiters and waitresses, cab drivers---everyone---seemed in high spirits. That Cafe du Monde---whoa, doctor---you can't beat that place with a stick.
In 4-days in the Crescent City, I somewhat detached myself from national and world news, although I did catch the horrifying news on Twitter out of LAX, I did not hear one story, or hear one person discussing the Affordable Care Act - if you're like me, you actually cringe every time you hear the mention of "Obamacare". If we could, let's just stick to using the term Obama, when we discuss when we mention President Obama--not the actual law itself.
But, iiWii, it remains big in the news--something about a computer glitch--(understatement of the year?!) In fact, the President spent a nice portion of a beautiful October 21st morning in the Rose Garden telling us about it...and yes, the ensuing Wordle speaks to it:
What I was immediately drawn to was the following: People want affordable health insurance. I can't agree with that more, who doesn't want affordable health insurance?! But again, iiWii, there are problems with the website which is supposed to let folks compare the various marketplaces. And while the AFA was to enroll millions of folks, I still haven't heard the administration release the actual of number of folks who have enrolled. Well folks, this post has rambled on worse than a Ted Cruz interview, so I'll just cut it short right there. iiWii... the AFA is not off to the 'as-advertised' start, but let's hope "We the People," can find a way to right the ship.

No comments:
Post a Comment